EU funded projects
EU funded projects
The Polish Financial Supervision Authority - UKNF participates in the implementation of assistance projects, in particular EU funded projects, acting both as a beneficiary and project promoter.
1. The UKNF as a promoter of EU funded assistance projects.
The UKNF experts involved in assistance projects, in particular EU funded projects, facilitate the democratic transition, adjusting the candidate countries, or countries covered by the European neighbourhood policy, to the EU structures.
In line with the main idea of assistance projects, their principal objective is to support a candidate country or potential candidate countries applying for the EU accession in the development, strengthening and harmonisation of law, structures and controlling procedures which are necessary to ensure compliance of public administration with international standards. Assistance projects are long-term projects which require constant cooperation between public administration bodies, and therefore significant human resources of the project promoter need to be engaged.
Please find below information on the projects carried out by the UKNF as a project promoter of the EU:
- Twinning Contract between the UKNF and the Bulgarian Financial Supervision Commission (PHARE BG/2004/IB/FI/02)
- Technical assistance project for the Russian insurance sector (EuropeAid/124436/C/SER/RUS)
- Twinning Project between the Polish Financial Supervision Authority and the State Committee for Securities of the Republic of Azerbaijan (AZ11/ENP/ENP-PCA/FI/18), 2012 - 2014
- Twinning Project No MD14/ENP/FI/17 between the Polish Financial Supervision Authority and the National Commission for Financial Markets of the Republic of Moldova
- EU Twinning Project between the Polish Financial Supervision Authority and the National Bank of Georgia
2. The UKNF as a beneficiary of EU funded assistance projects.
The UKNF also implements assistance projects acting as a beneficiary of EU funded projects. Those projects are aimed at strengthening the administrative and institutional capacities of the UKNF in the field of acquis communataire regarding the financial market. Moreover, implementation of the projects helps enhance the security and stability on the financial market. Educational activities under the implemented projects also help raise the awareness of the society on the rights and responsibilities arising from Poland’s participation in the EU structures. The projects strengthen the cooperation both with foreign supervisory authorities and other public administration bodies in Poland (e.g. law enforcement agencies) in order to increase security and to prevent market abuse.
Please find below information on the projects in which the UKNF has been a beneficiary:
- Multi-sectoral project for strengthening the administrative capacities within Transition Facility 2005
- Transition Facility 2006 – Twinning Light Project with the Italian and Austrian supervisory authorities
- Technical assistance project „Strengthening the administrative and institutional capacities of the Polish Financial Supervision Authority in the area of the financial market” (Project PL0435 co-financed from the funds of the Norway Financial Mechanism)
- Technical support for the UKNF under the Structural Reform Support Programme
- Technical support for the UKNF under the Technical Support Instrument