Tasks and objectives
The KNF Board supervises the banking, capital, insurance and pension sectors, payment institutions and payment service offices, electronic money institutions and credit unions.
Other tasks of the KNF Board include:
- undertaking measures to support the proper functioning of the financial market;
- undertaking measures to promote the development of the financial market and its competitiveness;
- undertaking educational and information measures with regard to the functioning of the financial market;
- participating in the drawing up of draft legal acts pertaining to financial market supervision;
- creating opportunities for amicable and conciliatory dissolution of disputes between financial market participants, including in particular disputes arising from contractual relationships between the KNF-supervised entities and the users of services provided by those entities;
- other statutory tasks.
The purpose of supervision of the financial market is to ensure its proper functioning, stability, security and transparency, confidence in the financial market, and to ensure that the interests of market participants are protected.